موقوف

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2008
المشاركات: 50
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
الاستاذ هيثوم is on a distinguished road
Exll مهم جدا امتحان انجليزى علشان خاطركم وكمان تتدربوا علية2008

:ma:D(اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم)
(بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم)
....... وما النصر الا من عند الله.............
.............صدق الله العظيم................

الاسم /هيثم ( المحافظة /سوهاج)
.................................................. .................................................. ......................:
A- Language Functions
1- Supply the missing parts in the following dialogue between Samia who is inviting her friend Nora for dinnerr.
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Samia: When can we expect you for dinner? …………….(1)…………… ?
Nora: Not tonight. I promised to go to a concert with my sister.
Samia: ………………(2)……………..
Nora: That sounds fine. I'll come, next Friday. I know you are a wonderful cook.
Samia: ……………….(3)…………………..
Nora: I'm looking forward to that new dish.Be ready for a chess game.
Samia: ………………(4)………….
.................................................. .................................................. ....................
2- Say where these mini-dialogues take place and who the speakers are:-
.................................................. ...............................................
1-
A. I hear shouts in the next block. Should we go and investigate?
B: Oh darling! I don't like that habit of ladies involved in other neighbour's quarrels

2-A) What a nice surprise! Mr Ahmed seeking my legal advice!
You were the best in my class. I always expected you to be a successful man.
.................................................. .................................................. ......................
B- Vocabulary and Structure
Choose the correct answer:-
.................................................. .......................................

1- A metal (smelts / melts / dries / solidfies) when heated
2- My son had got (over / through / with / on) the exam and got good marks
3- She usually buys her needs from a supermarket (near / nearby / nearly / nearest).
4- Electric wires must be (isolated / insulated / insulted / separated) in order to prevent electric shocks
- Our government is going to (restore / reclaim / recover / remain) vast areas of Sinia desert
6- (Tourism / Ecotourism / Economist / Electronist) will be good for the economy and it will help to protect our national heritage.

7- When water boils, it (admits / emits / transmits / submits) vapour.
-
There are new summer (resorts / resources / sources / saucers) on the north coast.8
9- I'll have lunch with you (provided / unless / in order that / in case) you are too busy today
10- The teacher blamed him (on / to / for / with) coming late
11- She couldn't find a solution (with / to / on / at) the problem.
12- Could you tell me the reason (to / for / on / in ) this quarrel?
13- He could easily adapt (with / on / to / by) the new system
14- I'll tell you the secret (unless / so / as long as / in order that) you are faithful
15- He didn't come to the party, he (must be / must have been / may be / can't be) tired
16- If she reached home, she (will telephone / would telephone / would have telephoned / may telephone) us
.................................................. ............................... ........................................
4- Rewrite the following sentences using the word(s) in brackets to give the same meaning.
.................................................. .................................................. ..........
1- I am sure the mechanic didn't mend the car. (can't)
2- Nobody knows how the damage is caused. (the cause)
3- He won't be trusted unless he stops telling lies. (if)
4- They'll be early unless there is a traffic jam. (provided that)
5- "You stole the wallet". he said to me. (He accused me ...........)
.................................................. ............................C- Reading Comprehension
5- Read the following, then fill in the table below:
Are you always getting lost ? Now your troubles are over thanks to a new product you can have fitted to your car. It's a computerized electronic map/ and it helps you find your way on a video screen. It also has a tiny electronic voice to guide you. You just punch in the name of your destination and you have a choice of two displays. First there is a video map showing your car moving along a route. By calling up the second screen, you are told what direction to turn. As you approach each turn, the little voice tells you "Prepare to turn right!". It's great.

name of product ............................)1.................... ..................
where fitted..............................)2............ ...........................
why fitted............................................ ................................
how used.................................)3........... ...............................
function of 2nd screen..............)4............................ ...............
function of the voice.....)5...................................... ........
...////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
.................................................. .................................................. ................
6- Read the following passage and then answer the questions:
.................................................. .........................................
Have you ever seen Walt Disney's cartoon of the novel? If you have, you may remember that one of the most important characters is the Mad Hatter. It has got its name from the expression "mad as a hatter". But should hatters (people who make hats) be any madder than anybody else? It is ridiculous, but it was the case! There is a very real historical reason for the expression. Because Mercury was used for the manufacture of felt hats, and mercury can cause mental illness. Today, hatters are no longer in danger of being affected by mercury, but mercury poisoning is still a very dangerous thing.
Modern Japan is a highly industrialised nation. Industry causes industrial waste. Industrial waste containing mercury was dumped into the ocean off the Japanese coast. Mercury is insoluble in water but when it reaches the bottom of the ocean, the bacteria there act on it and make it soluble. Then it dissolves in the water. What followed was that fish drank the mercury in the water. The people of the island then ate the fish from their mercury polluted ocean. Not long after, nearly everyone on the island collapsed from the mercury poisoning. The victims cannot feel their fingers, lips and tongue. Their muscle action becomes limited, and they can't speak properly. They partially lose both sight and hearing. The victims suffer from a whole range of mental problems including depression. There is no cure for mercury poisoning!
Answer the following question:
1) Where does the Mad Hatter get his name from?
2- Why were hatters likely to become insane in old days?
3- How did the people on the island get poisoned by the mercury?
4- What are the symptoms of mercury poisoning?
Choose the correct answer:
.................................................. ..........................

5- The underlined word "ridiculous" means ..................
a) reasonable b) unreasonable
c) nice d) great

6- Mercury dissolves only when ....................... .
a) it is in water b) bacteria act on it c) fish eats it d) it is used in industry
.................................................. .................................................. ..................
7- The underlined pronoun "They" refers to the
a) muscles b) eyes
c) ears d) victims
.................................................. ............................

D- The Novel
.................................................. .............................................

7-A) Answer the following questions:
.................................................. ..............................
a) Why was it difficult to drive in Sinia?

b) How was Wafaa determined to get the plants?
c) What should we learn from the story?
C) Complete the following sentences
.................................................. .........................
a) The car couldn't speed up because ...................
b) Wafaa returned home alone because .................
c) Ayman's wise thinking saved ...................

(والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة)
( مع اطيب امنياتى بالتفوق والنجاح)
( الاستاذ هيثم)
قديم 21-05-2008, 03:32 AM
الصورة الرمزية الاستاذ هيثوم
الاستاذ هيثوم الاستاذ هيثوم غير متواجد حالياً
موقوف

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2008
المشاركات: 50
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
الاستاذ هيثوم is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

ياااااااااااااااااااااارب استرها معى وبلغنى املى واحفظنى واسأللك ان لا تخيب رجائى وانتظروا الاجابة قريبا

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 01:46 AM.