مدرس اللغة الانجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Jan 2008
المشاركات: 222
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
ahmaadmay is on a distinguished road
Exll حصريا فقط عند ابوحسين اسئلة ث عامة قديمة جدا

[CENScience Section 1970
Re-write using the words between brackets to give the same meaning:
1-"Please don't forget to bring me your note-book tomorrow,” said my friend.(not to)
2-They fought a big battle here two hundred years ago.(was)
3-a) They do not know .... your house is.
b) They do not know .... house is yours.(Fill in each space with a suitable word)
4-Were she to travel abroad ........(Complete the sentence)
5-Neither the mother nor her daughter were present.(Correct the sentence)
Arts Section 1970
1-I must work hard .... history because I'm not good .... it(Fill in each space with a suitable preposition)
2-What are you doing now ?" he said.(Change into reported speech)
3-You have been invited to lunch today.(Change into active voice)
4-The tree fell on a group of boys. All of them were hurt.(Combine the two sentences by means of a relative pronoun)
5-Had he come earlier ......... . (Complete the sentence)
6-Not only I saw him-but also my friend did.(Correct the sentence)
7-a) He does not know ..,. to open it with.
b) He does not know .... to open it.: (Fill in each space with a suitable word)
Science Section 1971
1-Since the first men (go) up in spacecraft, our hopes of space travel (increase).(Put in the correct form)
2-The headmaster enquired why so many boys were absent that day.(Change into direct)
3-By means of an experiment.(Write a question to which this phrase is the answer)
4-He would not have -bought the house if ........(Complete)
5-The student found physics most ........(Fill in the space with the right word from :interest, interested, interesting)
Arts Section 1971
1-He told me that he just (return) from Paris where he (spend) a year (study) French. (Put the verbs in the right form)
2- Did the man drive the bus quickly ? (Change into Passive)
3-She has already .... the table for her guests. (Fill in the space with the right word from : lain, laid, lay)
4-I feel proud .... my country. He will retire .... his profession. (Fill in using prepositions)
5-Jules was too surprised to inquire how I came to be on board his yacht. (Rewrite using "so .... that")
Science Section 1972
1-Since the atom (split), much progress (be made). (Put in the correct tense)
2- "I cannot answer your question now as these symptoms are most unusual," said the doctor. (Change into indirect)
3-Man has always been using his intelligence against the forces of nature. .
(Ask a question to which the black-typed words are the answer)
4-Ice can be melted by being warmed. (Change into active)
5-(Final) he came to the (conclude) that invar does not change its dimensions.(Put the words between brackets in the right form)
Arts Section 1972
1-If he (return) home earlier last night, he (see) his neighbour (attack) by two (thief). (Put the words in the right form)
2-I asked her how she knew that the hotel regulations were so strict if she only had come into its possession the night before. (Change into direct)
3- a) He Had forged his employer's name on tile cheque. (Make passive)
b) Was any investigation made by the police about the murderer ? (Make active)
4-a) .... people like to go to the theatre .... of what they see is taken from real life. (Fill in using "Much" — "Many")
b) The American girl has always been .... the habit .... having her own way. (Fill in using prepositions)
5-a) He had such an adventurous spirit ........ (Complete)
b) Sometimes we have to put up with bad neighbours because ........ (Complete)
Science Section 1973
1-Pasteur (do) a great service to (human). (Put the words in their correct form)
2-I did not understand the problem. He explained it. (Join)
3-They have already sent him a telegram.' (Begin with .: He....... )
4-He met my mother from whom he got ...... of my success(Fill in the space with ONE of these words : information, knowledge, news)
5- mine - just - book - at - have - now - been - the -you-is- looking. (Rearrange to form a correct sentence)
Arts Section 1973
1-The doctor let him go to the party .... he was well enough to leave hospital. (Fill in the space with ONE of these words : until - as soon as – just)
2- "Don't waste your time," said the father to his son. (Begin with : The father told ........)
3-He would not have waited if .........(Complete)
4-I (learn) English for the last three years but now I (study) German. (Put the verbs in their correct tenses)
5-Our newspaper aims ...... having a million readers ......the end of next year. (Fill in with correct prepositions)
6-Civilized - is - law - societies - often - complicated - in- very. (Rearrange to form a correct sentence)
7-I can hear (they — come) downstairs. (Put each of the words in brackets in its correct form)
8-The film was most interesting. I saw it yesterday. (Join without using "and")
9-They will send the murderer to prison. (Begin With : The murderer ........)
10-There was a loud explosion. My old car stopped. (Join)
Science Section 1974
1-a) I have been learning English for ....
b) I have been learning English since .... (Fill in with one or more suitable words)
2-They cannot expect me to comment on it. (Change into passive)
3-It (be) very hot today. I wish it (be) cooler. (Rewrite putting the verbs in their correct tenses)
4-You can rely .. 'me to stand .. you when in trouble. (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
5-He is a very energetic man. He never seems to get tired. (Join the two sentences using ; such .... that)
Arts Section 1974
1-I can't get .... touch with her as she is not .... the phone. (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
2-a) I started learning English ........ ago.
b) I started learning English in ........ (Fill in with one or more suitable words)
3-He had to catch a plane. The conference ended. He did not have time to write a report. (Join the three sentences without using "and" or "but")
4-I (stand) here for half an hour, but the bus (not come) yet. (Put the verbs in brackets in their correct tenses)
5-waited - would - better - been - if - it - have - you - had. (Rearrange to form a correct sentence)
6-The factory .... he works is at the end of this road. (Fill in with a suitable word)
7-He insured his car because ............ an accident. (Complete the sentence)
8-A good film is being shown at the Palace this week. (in, over, on—Use one of these prepositions in place of the black typed words to give the same meaning)
Science Section 1975
1-I must send .... the doctor; he will soon find out what is wrong .... him. (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
2-The rain stopped. The road was muddy. It was dangerous to drive on. (Join to make one sentence without using "and" or "but")
3-Provide questions for the following answers :
a) Fifty meters high.
b) Early in the morning.
4-He was chosen to represent his school. (Change into the active)
5-He (sit) in the garden when the storm (break). (Rewrite putting the verbs in the correct tenses)
Arts Section 1975
1-Why don't you turn .... the light, or do you prefer to sit .... the dark ? (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
2-If you (raise-rise) that picture a few inches higher, it will look (good-better). (Rewrite choosing the correct word)
3-He already (write) a lot of letters, but his sister (write) hers tomorrow. (Correct the verbs in brackets)
4-I opened the door quietly. Nobody noticed my going in. (Join using "so .... that")
5-Someone has locked the front door and we cannot i. open it. (Change into passive)
6-summer - planning - what - the - for - holiday - are -you ? (Rearrange to form a correct question)
7-He said to his friend, "Do not hesitate to tell the truth. You will be thanked for it." (Change into reported speech)
8- .... they would have won the game. (Complete)
9-Provide questions for the following answers :
a) No, I have never seen him.
b) By bus.
Science Section 1976
1-I stayed .... the house all day yesterday waiting .... my friend to come. (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
2-Our teacher is clever. He san tell you the answer. (Join without using "and" or "but")
3-I(learn) English for the last two years, but now I (study) French too. (Correct the Verbs)
4-Do you think it will rain ? (Begin with : He asked m...)
5-a year's tune - finish - bridge - in - will - this -.they. (Rearrange to make a complete sentence)
Arts Section 1976
1-When he enters the room everybody (raises - .rises) and keeps (quiet - quite). (Rewrite choosing the correct word)
2-road - the - you - red - mustn't - against - light - cross -the. (Rearrange to form a correct sentence)
3-He plays well. He can be a member of the team. (Join without using "and" or •but")
4-Teachers should make lessons more interesting for children. (Change into passive)
5-She (play) the piano when our guests (arrive) last night. (Correct the tenses)
6- Some animals sleep .... day and wake .... night. (Fill in with suitable prepositions)
7-Have you got all your things ready ? (Begin with ! He asked me ....)
8-Provide questions for the following answers :
a) It's mine.
b) Next week.
Science Section 1977
1-Sami (suffer) from a bad cold for some days now. He (oblige) to stay at home over the coming weekend. (Put the verbs in the right form)
2-Mr. Amin said to my brother, "Did you visit Spain while you were studying in Europe ?" (Begin with : Mr. Amin asked my. brother ....)
3-The doctor operated .... the injured man. He was saved ..... certain death. (Fill in with the correct preposition)
B. Choose the correct answer from those in brackets :
Write down the answer you choose only.
1-They introduced us to a neighbour of (them - their – theirs).
2-Did you enjoy (stay - to stay - staying) with your aunt last week ?
3-He (would have grown - would grow - had grown) more crops if he had used modern farming methods.
4-Where is the boy (whom - whose - which) father came to see the headmaster ?
Arts Section 1977
1-When the fishermen (return) home yesterday, they (catch) nothing. (Put the verbs in the right form)
2-I said to the teacher, "Do you think we have time to finish this exercise before the end of the lesson ?'(Begin with : I asked the teacher)
3-She had spent Such a long time on one question .... (Complete the sentence)
4-He started his new job ...... nine o'clock ...... Monday morning. (Fill in with the right prepositions)
5-Unless he had read the newspaper .... (Complete the sentence)
6-The man is very rich. I am going to work in his office. (Join into one .sentence)
B. Choose the right answer from those given in brackets :
Write down the words you choose only.
1-I can't help you because I have no (more - much - any) money.
2-(Both - Every - Each) of the three boys got a prize.
3-I can't understand why (laugh you - you laugh - do you laugh) at that old woman.
4-(Since -From - Ago) yesterday, he hasn't telephoned me. ,
5-The man (whom - whose - which) car is damaged, went to the police.
6-The old man would not see. me because he (was having - had had - has been having) breakfast
Science Section 1978
1-I must go home (on - at - in) half past seven.
2-I can hear a (ladys - ladies - lady's) voice in the other room.
3-She did not think that (one - anyone - no one) would come into the room.
4-Three years (since - for - ago) I visited the Sudan-
5-I cannot remember (who - which - whom) told me Amin would come to my party.
6-It' is very cold. The temperature is several (degrees - numbers - figures) below zero.
7-I like coffee, but my brother (don't - doesn't – does).
8-When we went on holiday, we (borrowed - lent - let) Ali's car.
9-He asked me! when my brother (would arrive - arrives - will arrive).
10-Did the boys hurt (himself -themselves - oneself) when they fell down ?
Arts Section . 1978
1-We, depend (on - in - for) your help.
2-The room is full (with - from - of) people of different nationalities.
3-The man from (whose - whom - who) you bought the camera is waiting outside.
4-We have got (a few - a little - a number) eggs.
5- My grandfather (has died - dead -died) when I was a little boy.
6-Ploughs (used - is used - are used) for turning up the soil.
7-Ali (walking - was walking - walks) home when it started to rain.
8-Your work is, (worse - worst - bad) than it was a month ago.
9- I am very (interesting - interested - interest) in music.
10- (Because - If - Unless) you hurry up, you will miss the train.
11-There is a list of words (at the end - in the end - on the end) of this book.
12-I would not have come if I (know - have known - had known) that you were so busy
13-My father told me not (to do - to tell - to make) a lie.
14-You did not tell me (how much - how many - how) this coat cost.
15-I saw him (at - in - on) two occasions.
l6. Whose is that big house ? It is (her - hers – her 's) .
17-I want to know what ('do those two boys do - those two boys are doing - will those two boys do).
18-After (locked - had locked - locking) the doors and windows, I went to bed
19-He promised that he (would come - will come - came) next Saturday.
20-Do not forget to give her the message when you (are seeing -see - have seen) her.
Science Section 1979
1-The atmosphere contains a large quantity of oxygen.(Ask a question about the black typed part)
2-The wind was so strong that the captain could not control the ship. (Rewrite using "too" instead of "so”)
3-Unless there were valves between the ventricles and the auricles of the heart, .... (Complete the sentence)
4-He said to his son : "Do not forget you are having your examination next month." (Begin with : He advised his son ....)
5-Everybody knows him for his. cleverness at mathematics. (Begin with : He is ....).
Arts Section 1979
1-His father (has worked - would work - used to work) as a gardener when he was young, but now he is, a driver.
2-Anybody (whom - who - which) comes is welcome. '
3-He recovered (from - against - on) his illness only last week.
4-The cause of the accidents (are - has - is) not yet known.
5-Next week I (will intend - shall intend - intend) to visit my uncle.
6-He (Is warned - has warned - has been warned) by the police once already.
7-He could not (convince - admit - believe) his father that he was telling the truth.
8-This is the photograph about (whom - who - which) the teacher was talking.
9-In our world many people are still struggling (over - for - about) their rights.
10-Poor people are not able to (wear - put on clothes - drew) well.
11-Since 1964 he (lived - is living - has been living) at Benha.
12-He has (many - little- few) money in his pocket.
13-Our chickens have (lied - laid - lain) plenty of eggs this week.
14-I saw him (in - on - at) two occasions last week.
15-I found Abroad, fast (sleeping - asleep • sleep) in his room.
When you read a new book, you come across many words that you -do not know. If you want to know the meanings of those words, you .... them up in a dictionary. Sometimes the explanation...... the dictionary is in words that you .... not know. So, you .... to look up these words until you ... the exact meaning of all the words in the book. Yet some pe0plc_are not patient .... with dictionaries, and are satisfied . . ;. guessing the meanings of the new words. They .... understand the general meaning of what they read but they miss some of .... details and their vocabulary, will .... .increase,
1-It is so cold that nobody can walk Out in the night. (Begin with : It is too cold………. )
2-When I met him yesterday he already (know) the news of his friend's (arrive). (Put the words in brackets in the correct form)
3-He was disturbed by the news that war broke out in ,his country. (Begin with ; The news ....)
4-He said to his brother, "Invite our friend Zaki to the party we will give tomorrow." (Begin with : He asked his brother ....)
5-hardly - this year - able - be - her education - to complete - she will. (Arrange these parts so as to make a sentence)
Science and Arts Sections 1980
1-I am used to (travel - travelling - travelled) by plane.
2-Who will take (over - up - to) when the present headmaster retires ?
3-While the policeman was on (show - duty-foot), he saw a thief trying to get into a bank.
4-While I was walking down a street in Tanta, I ran (into - out - on) an old friend.
5- (Because of - Because - As) the hot weather, he couldn't sleep indoors.
6- "They discovered the cause of the fire accidentally" means that they discovered it (luckily • fortunately -by chance).
7- The bad roads cause many cars to break down. The cars (are in pieces - are broken up-can't go).
8- (Except - Except for - Apart) Ahmad, everybody admired her beauty.
9-He succeeded (to make - for making - in making) everyone laugh.
10- "He has had his car repaired" means that (he repaired it himself - someone else repaired if for him • he is repairing it now).
11-The policeman said that he saw the two men (go - went - gone) towards the bank.
12- He hasn't seen (many -'much - a great deal) films lately.
13- "He almost caught the train" means that he (missed - got on - got off) it.
14- He is the manager of the factory- He is (in charge of - in the charge of - charged) the factory.
15- We have not had (much - any - some) rainy days this winter.
16- His father asked him (what was his opinion - what his opinion was - what his opinion is).
17- He told his sister that he would gladly help her if she (wanted him - wanted him to do - wanted him to).
18- My daughter never (tells - says - speaks) a lie.
19- (If -'Unless • Without) he had done his homework well, his teacher would have been pleased with him.
20-I am going to read the book (which you gave it to- that you gave it to - which you gave) me.
He was very excited .... 1 .... his journey to Europe. He thought he would enjoy .... 2 .... places he had read about. But when he arrived there, he found the prices .... 3 .... high that he felt he could not stay .... 4 .... a whole month as he had first planned. To save money, he went to places on .... 5 .... much more often .... 6 .... by bus. However, he ran .... 7 .... of money in two weeks. He would have returned home immediately if he .... 8 .... not run into his uncle .... 0 .... gave him money to get .... 10 .... his difficulties.
1- John (suffer) from a bad cold for several days /now. He (oblige) to stay in bed over the coming weekend. (Correct the verbs in brackets)
2-by boat - hours - there - to - he - several - went -the island - and - stayed - for. (Rearrange the words so as to make a meaningful sentence)
3- He could not have managed to do it unless .............. (Complete the sentence)
4-I asked how much the television was. The shop assistant showed me the television. I found it very expensive. I couldn't buy it (Join into one sentence)
5- He said to his friend, "Would you like to go to the club with me ?" (Change into indirect speech)
Science and Arts Sections 1981
1- My father is in Aswan now, but we (expect - hope - look forward) him to come back next Friday.
2- I (was used - used - got used) to swim in winter when I was young.
3-Can you (get - reach - arrive) the top shelf of the cupboard ?
4-The girl (whom - who - whose) mother was ill, was crying.
5- I have a (lot of -few - many) paper in my desk.
6-I have to go to the post office (so that - so as to - for) buy some stamps.
7- The doctor (agreed • accepted - allowed) to see the patient at once.
8- The parrot (enjoyed - amused - remembered) us by what it said.
9- As soon as I went into the shop, the (clerk - official - shop assistant) served me.
10- Mr. Hamed has to travel a great deal on (foot - business - duty) between Cairo and Alexandria.
11- As I had not seen Zaki for a long time, I (saluted - greeted – recognized) him warmly when I met him at a party.
12-We discussed many problems (in - by -on) our way to the office .
13- Adel (looks at- sees - watches) television every night.
14- See what my father (took - brought - fetched) me from Europe.
15- Adel's birthday is (in - at - on) the first of May.
16- Mr. Mohsen lives all alone in a flat. He has (not one - no one - some one) living with him.
17-(If - Unless - Except) you hurry up, you will miss the train.
18- Those two cars look alike. I don't know (what - which - whose) is Ali's.
19- He isn't (so tall - too tall - tall enough) to, touch the ceiling.
20-Hassan is married but his brother is still (alone - free – single).
I have been married for five years and my family is a happy one. It consists .. 1 .. four members. I am young and so .. 2 .. my wife. We work together in .. 3 .. big bank. We have only .. 4 .. children, a boy and a girl. To bring them .. 5 .. in the best .. 6 .. possible, we devote our time and effort .. 7 .. satisfying their needs and giving them a good education. If we had .. 8 .. than two children, as our neighbours have, we .. 9.. suffer a great deal and be unable to realize .. 10 .. our hopes.
1-The children (interest) in the. tricks (play) during yesterday's performance at the circus. (Put the words in brackets in the right form)
2- took - the - gave - a meal - as soon as - off - the plane - air hostesses - the passengers. (Rearrange the words into a meaningful sentence)
3-Unless we had seen it with our own eyes. ............ (Complete the sentence)
4- "Why didn't you watch last night's film on television ?" I said to him. (Begin with : I asked him)
5-The flat was small. We could not live comfortably in it. We had to take it. There was no other one.(Join into one sentence beginning with "Although")
Science and Arts Sections 1982
1-There is a job in this company (of — with — for) a really good typist.
2-Most of the information (was — are — were) useless, I am sorry to say.
3- She (had worked — used to work — have worked) here but she doesn't work here now.
4-"Has he finished his work yet?"
"Yes. He (has finished — had finished —finished) it about half an hour ago.
5- I am not sure when (will the game start — the game will start — does the game start).
6- Anybody who (has finished — had finished — finished) can go home now.
7- He hasn't got (some — much — many) luggage.
8-She won't come to-morrow morning, (is she — will she — won't she)?
9-We went Shopping but we didn't find (nothing— none — anything) for her.
10-Flight Number 881 to Paris will take (off—of—after) in five minutes.
11-It was such an (interest—interested—interesting) book that I read it all in one night.
12-When I was in London last summer I ran (for — into — after) an old friend of mine.
13-Some people have a fairly good idea about space, but it is not (very good — too good — good enough) to understand all its secrets.
14-The plane stopped in Paris (on the way —in the way — by the way) from Cairo to London.
15-The children are very (quite — quiet — quit). I wonder what they are doing.
16- We must buy some more milk. We hardly have (much — some — any) milk left.
17-He can't swim and I can't swim (either — neither — too).
18-After so many years it was difficult for me to (know — realize — recognize) her.
19-She likes to sit in the first (line - queue - row) in the classroom to be as near the blackboard as possible .
20-You (mustn't — needn't — don't have to) smoke in the theatre, because smoking is forbidden.
I always forget where I put things. Last week a friend of....l.... gave me a watch as a birthday .... 2 .... I put it.... 3 .... and then forgot where I put.... 4.... watch. I looked .... 5.... it everywhere but could not find it. The search took.... 6.... a long time that I.... 7 .... my temper. I remembered my father's advice to .... 8 .... calm when I was in difficulty. In half an hour's.... 9.... I found.... 10 .... that I had put the watch in the most obvious place.
1- People have seen him behaving in a very strange manner. (Begin with: He ..........)
2-I have been living here for six months. (Ask a question beginning with: How long.......)
3- Last night while 1 was going home after 1( be) to the cinema I (see) an accident, (Correct the verbs between brackets)
4-In spite of his old age my grandfather still works on the farm. (Begin with: Although…..)
5-You must be here on time. You will not be allowed to enter. (Join into one sentence beginning with: Unless...)
6- "If you run quickly you will catch the train", his brother said. (Begin with :'His brother told him .………......)
7- "Would you mind if I shut the window?" (Choose the best response from the following)
— No, not at all
— No, it is not shut. It is open
— No. don't.
8-They have. contributed towards the gift. They will sign their names in a large album. It will be sent to the headmaster's home. (Join into one sentence beginning with: All those....)
9-People tend to be sorry........ him because he is crippled, but he is interested ........ so many things. (Supply the missing prepositions) .
10-drinks / winter /have / we / in / to / warm / usually / hot / keep (Rearrange to make a complete sentence).
Science and Arts Sections 1983
1- The cause of these accidents (are — is — were) not yet known.
2- I don't know what (they are doing — are they doing — have they done) now.
3- You (needn't - mustn't - couldn't) go with them if you don't have time.
4-Last week he promised that he (will come — would have come — would come) today.
5-I had to (lend — borrow — give) money to buy a new book.
6-The servant was (arrested — charged — accused) of theft.
7-Don't blame her for (lose — losing — loss) the keys.
8-We usually use water to put (out — in — off) fire.
9-There are (much — a little —a few) cigarettes in that box,.
10-I have not made (any— some —no) mistakes in the exercise.
11-You must get (from — of — off) the bus at the next stop.
12-It is rather hot again today, but we hope the temperature will not (fall — rise — raise) tomorrow.
13-Ali: I like having breakfast in bed-. Sami: (So am I — So do I — So I do).
14-You can lead a horse to the water but you can't make it (drink — drinks — to drink).
15-My mother is used to (have—having—drink) a cup of tea in the afternoon.
16-In 1973. the Egyptian army succeeded (to cross — in crossing —in having crossed) the Suez Canal.
17-I read many books (while — during — in spite of) I was ill in bed.
18- The aero plane will take (of — off— on) early in the morning.
19-He had to go to the bank when he ran (out of — into — over) money.
20-A beautiful picture was (hanged—hung—hang) on the wall in his office.
Man cannot keep on working continuously. He needs rest whenever he gets ... (1)... tired to get on... (2)... his work... (3)... most natural way of rest is sleep... (4)... sleeping, man restores the energy that is used... (5)... during the day. When he... (6)... up, he will be in a good... (7).... People who do not sleep... (8)... at least seven hours a day, get... (9)... nervous that they lose their... (10)... easily.
1-I bought a book. I bought it yesterday. It is very interesting. (Join into one sentence beginning with: The book.....)
2-whistle / match / the / end / his / the / declare / blew / the / to / of / referee. (Rearrange to make a complete sentence)
3-The more books you read.......... (Complete the sentence)
4-When we (arrive) at the theatre last night, the play already (start). (Put the verbs in the right form)
5-His mother said to him, "Have you eaten all your food?" (Begin with: His mother asked him ........)
6- .......... he would have pleased his father. (Complete the sentence)
7-After he had written several letters, he went to bed. (Begin with: Having ........)
8-Everybody admires him for his intelligence. (Begin with: He ........)
9- All the family were pleased when he succeeded. (Begin with: His success ........)
10-Last winter was very cold and wet, ..........? (Add a question tag).
Science and Arts Sections 1984
1-He made her (to write- write- writing) the report four times.
2-Could you look (after- at- for) the kids while I go shopping.
3-I wish I (come- can come- could come) a bit later tomorrow.
4-This year we have exported more than we have imported. Our exports have greatly (increased- decreased- remained the same).
5-I have got (on- out of- over) the shock now, and I fell much better.
6-You can trust me to help you; I won't let you (out- down- off).
7-He won't catch the train if he (didn't pack- will not pack- does not pack) soon .
8-He'll explain this point again, (won't he- will he- isn't he)?
9-He has always been a hard-worker and he still (has- is- has been).
10-The captain as well as the sailors (was- were- have Been) responsible for what had happened.
11-They will paint the house (at- for- in) three days.
12-I tried to telephone you yesterday, but you weren't (off- in- out).
13-They saw the balloon making (for- up- to) the sea.
14-The show was dull. It was (uninterested- uninteresting- interested).
15-They are running out of .food. They (haven't much- have none- have a lot) left.
16-He arrived late at the station, so he (caught- lost - missed) the train.
17-The Book Fair was held (in- on- at) January 26th.
18-After trying several times, I (succeeded - could - managed) to see him.
19-He offered to (help- borrow- lend) her a hand as the suit-case was too heavy for her to carry.
20-He was (charged- convicted- accused) with murder.
When I woke up, I asked my wife what the weather was like. She looked ... I ... of the window and said it was raining ... 2 ... She thought it was going to... 3... better soon. Later, when we were... 4 ... breakfast, I... 5... to the weather forecast .The announcer...6... that the weather was very changeable and added he couldn't say when ... 7 ... would be ... 8 ... again. My wife said that was fine because she had decided to stay ... 9 ... home and ... 10 ... some cooking.
1-The inspector asked him if he always caught such an early train. (Begin with: The inspector said to him ........)
2-They (trod) one of the cars yesterday, but they (not find) the other one yet. (Correct the verbs in brackets)
3-He goes to the cinema once a week. (Ask a question)
4-He is very clever. He can answer any question. (Join the two sentences) '
5-On getting up next morning, he discovered that the boat had left. (Begin with: When ........)
6-Unless you drive carefully .......... (Complete)
7-Although he was clever ........ mathematics, he did not succeed ........ answering the question. (Put in the right prepositions)
8-The government is spending a lot of money on this project .(Begin with: A lot of money........)
9-The last time I (see) him (be) Sunday. (Correct the verbs)
10-He was not at home and he was not at his office (also, either, neither). (Choose the right word)
Science and Arts Sections 1985
1-Her mother made her (practise / practised / practising) the piano all afternoon.
2-You (must / mustn't / needn't) make a noise. The baby is asleep.
3-He said he (can / could / was able to) take his son to the zoo that day as it was Friday.
4-As he is a policeman he is (use / used / using) to keeping awake all night.
5-Layla looks beautiful in that new dress, (does / did / doesn't) she?
6-Some people do not like to travel; they never (let / live / leave) home.
7-I crossed the street to avoid (speak / spoke / speaking) to that terrible man.
8-I really am angry you are so late. You (had to / ought to / should have) telephoned.
9-All day long he worked in the field so, in the evening, he (fell / went / want) asleep before he had finished his supper.
10-The firemen worked very hard to put (on / off / out) the fire.
11-The (clothes / dresses / costumes) in the play were well designed.
12-This winter has been colder than (usual / always / usually).
13-The chair is covered with beautiful red (skin / leather / complexion).
14-I was unable to eat the-food as it was (too / much / very) salty.
15-This is the book about (who / whom /which) I was talking to you.
16-That man has given the (good / better/best) lecture on Shakespeare I have ever listened to.
17-There was a long (row / line / queue) at the bus-stop.
18-I was afraid (to / of / at) mentioning the news to him.
19-I tried to make (up / for / up for) the time I lost while I was ill.
20-Though we all ran (to / after / behind) the thief, we could not catch him.
1-He was very strong. He could easily beat his enemy. (Join by using "so ......... that")
2-They played well and so did we. (Begin with: They didn't ...…...)
3-They have already sent him a telegram. (Begin with: He........)
4-Since he (join) the army, he (receive) two medals. (Correct the verbs in brackets)
5-He will start his new job ........ nine o'clock ........ Monday morning. (Put in the right prepositions)
6-She said to her friend, "Make haste. Do not forget your bag". (Begin with: She asked her friend........).
7-Arab —sooner — between — the — Egypt — relations — normal — to — the — return —.or — will — countries — later — and. (Rearrange to form a meaningful sentence)
8-Unless you help us,........ (Complete the sentence)
9-Immediately on receiving the' telegram, I travelled to Alexandria.(Begin with: as soon as )
10-This box weighs three kilograms. (Ask a question)
My neighbour Mr. Usama is a troublesome person. He........ 1 ........ used to getting up very early in ........ 2 ........ morning and........ 3 ........ on his radio loudly. He has five children, three boys and ........ 4 ........ girls, and all of them make a lot ........ 5 ........ noise. It is strange that the three sons resemble their father while the two daughters take ........ 6 ........ their mother. Mr. Usama travels much to Alexandria........ 7........ business and when he is away from home, his children quarrel with each ........ 8........ My neighbour is so difficult......... 9........ I can't keep my temper........ 10......... him.
Science and Arts Sections 1986
1-She has been in Aswan, (ago /for / since) nine years.
2-When the table was (lain / lied / laid) the mother called her children.
3- He has plenty of money, he (needn't / mustn't / shouldn't) earn his living.
4-Would you mind my (open / opening / to open) the window ?
5-Do you know (who / whom / which) was responsible for the damage ?
6-He is (too / very / enough) deaf to hear what we say.
7-The (clerk / official shop - assistant) who served me in that store was very helpful.
8-Adel is (more / most / the most) interesting painter I know.
9-A fire-extinguisher is used to put (on / out /off) a fire.
10-I found your pen. It was (in / among / between) those things on the table.
11-You will tell me the answer to this question, (will you / won't you / don't you) ?
12-I am very tired today because I had hardly (any / some / much) sleep last night.
13-The examinations will end in a few (days / day's / days') time.
14-He (used / used to / is used to) giving speeches.
15-It (looks / will look /is looking) as if it will rain.
16-Who (invented / discovered / found out) the television?
17-If your father (is / was / were) alive he would be pleased with your work.
18-Nabil is the (older / elder/ eldest) in our family.
19-He is too (shy / ashamed / shameful) tot answer questions in class.
20- The inspector asked if a later train (will / would / should) get him to work on time.
1-The Opera House in Cairo (burn) several years ago, but a new one (build) now. (Correct the verbs in brackets)
2-He said to ,me I can't do it now, but I'll finish it tomorrow." (Begin with : He told me ............)
3-Egypt - new . will - in - relieve - on - built - cities - to -pressure - be,- Cairo. (Rearrange to form a meaningful sentence)
4-Samy has left for the Sudan, ...........;?(Complete using a question tag)
5-The climbers reached the top of the mountain. They spent the night there. (Join using : Not only ............)
6-As soon as Samy found the money, he took it to the police station, (Begin with : No sooner............)
7-The nearest village was two miles away. (Ask a question)
8-She returned to the shop on ......... following morning dressed in ............ orange dress. (Put in : a / an or the)
9-It is obvious ...... us that he is not responsible this mistake. (Put in the right prepositions)
10-They can afford to buy some books and records from the Book Fair.(Begin with :They can't.............. )
Dear Ahmed,
I apologize ...... (1) not writing earlier but I've not ...... (2) feeling very well Yesterday my brother ...... (3) I were thinking that it has been a long time ......... (4) we last met.
I don't know ...... (5) you are free next Friday but we are thinking ...... (6) visiting the Citadel and ...... (7) new Police Museum there, it should ...... (8) very interesting, also a good chance to see each ...... (9). Do try and come with ......... (10).
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours,
Ali.
Science and Arts Sections 1987
1-If we (work — worked— had worked) all night we (finished — have finished — would have finished) in time.
2-This is the writer (who — which — whose) book was made into a film.
3-Please lend me the book after you (will — have — would) read it.
4-Here take it, I have (yet — still -— already) finished it.
5-(Do — Would — Should) you like me to buy you a copy for your birthday ?
6-Maha is three years old. She is (too — very — enough) young to go out alone.
7-A : "I love reading." B : ("I do so — So I do — So do I").
8-The statue was made (of — in — from) copper.
9-He heard the news. The news (are — was — were) bad.
10-Ali is putting his coat on. Layla : "If you (will go — have gone — are going) out, please buy me the news- paper.
11-I hate (borrow — to borrow — borrowing) money.
12-I have not seen my uncle (when — for — since) I was a child.
13-He has a car so he (needn't — mustn't — shouldn't) take a bus.
14-Everyone burst out laughing. There was a lot of (laugh — laughs — laughter).
15-I was (putting on — wearing — dressing) my coat when the door bell rang.
16-My brother (used to — is using — was used to) smoke a great deal until the doctor forbade him to do so.
17-It's a cheerful occasion. It's a cheerful (event — condition — situation).
18-Samy is my (older — elder — oldest) brother.
19-Look at these photographs which I (picked — cut — cut out) of this magazine.
20-You will be finishing your exams in a few (day's -days' – days).
1-Don't forget (lock) the door before (go) to bed. (Correct the verbs)
2- He asked, "Would you like to work with me ?" (Begin with: He asked if ...............)
3-I really shouldn't have been so late for work yesterday. (Begin with : I wish ............ I)
4-As he ate his lunch, he read a book. As he had eaten his lunch, he read a book. (Explain the difference)
5-He is building a new house. (Re-write using : have)
6-You have finished you work, ............... ? (Complete using a question tag)
7- ...... big car drew up outside the front door of ......... house. (Put in "a" or the")
8-I have been driving for two hours and so I am tired. (Ask a question with : Why ...............)
9-The swimmer was encouraged by his success. He entered a competition. ' (Re-write beginning with ; Encouraged)
10-If you fail ...... this attempt don't count ...... me for help. (Put in the right prepositions)
Last night my brother telephoned me. He ......... (1) me he had decided to go and live in 10 Ramadan, the new city ...... (2) the way to Suez. He says the air there......... (3) clean, the streets are wide ............ (4) tidy. Both he and ......... (5) wife have ............ (6) offered good jobs there. He has ............... (7) found a flat to live in. His children will go ......... (8r its school. This city does not have the problem ...... (9) too many people. It .........(10) not have the problem of too many cars.
Science and Arts Sections 1988
1-Ali can't swim and (so can I — I can too — neither can I).
2-It took him ten years to write the book. That is how long (he took — took him — he was taken) to do it.
3-That mountain is (too — very — enough) difficult to climb.
4- (What —. Which — Whose) coat do you prefer ? The red one or the white one ?
5-He has been telephoning continually (in — for — since) lunch time today.
6-Would you mind (help — to help — helping) me with my work ?
7- I can hear very well. You (must — mustn't — needn't) shout.
8- If you had gone to the Cairo Exhibition, you (would' enjoy — will have enjoyed — would have enjoyed) it.
9-We were (liked - amused - enjoyed) by his stories.
10-Dust (raised — rose ;— rises) into the air as the cars went past.
11-I hope these pills will (heal — cure — recover) my cold.
12-He never goes anywhere (except — unless — without) taking his camera with him.
13-The experiment succeeded, (it did — did it — didn't it) ?
14- I have not been able to finish my homework (yet — still — already).
15-The information he gave to the police (was — were — has been) very useful.
16-What a lovely ring ! Is it made (in — of — from) gold ?
17- (Do — Would — Should) you like me to put these books in order ?
18-Ali is the (young — younger — youngest) boy in his class.
19-He was (shy — ashamed — shameful) of what he had done.
20-She told me she (had — will — would) have to go to hospital next week.
1-I promised Nadia that I (lend) her my new book when I (finish) reading it. (Correct the verbs)
2-He got the best marks in our class. (Re-write beginning with : Nobody ...............)
3-He got someone to paint his garage.(Re-write beginning with : He had ..............)
4-I said I was sorry that I had not warned him. (Begin with : I apologized for ...............)
5- Adel said that the men were to work overtime. Adel said that the men were working overtime. (Explain the difference)
6-He lives in a houseboat, ............... ? (Complete using a question tag)
7-This house was almost certainly built before 1800. (Re-write using : must)
8-I was surprised ....... how long Adel can stay under
water without coming ............... for air. (Fill in each space with a preposition)
9-These envelopes are so small that letters have to be folded several times before they can be put inside. (Ask a question with : Why ...............)
10- ......... school team played ............ very good match yesterday. (Put in "a" or "the")
Many French tourists will start arriving ...... (1) ...... Egypt soon. They will have ......... (2) ......... trip as far ......... (3) ......... Aqaba on the Red Sea, besides visiting Luxor ......... (4) ......... Sinai. A customs' officer ......... (5) ......... be accompanying each of these groups ......... (6) ......... complete the customs formalities on board of the plane.
On ......... (7) ........ at the airport, the tourists will travel by car to Suez ......... (8) ......... they will ......... (9) ......... their ship to go for a :.,...:.. (10) ,.,....,, days to Sharm el-Sheikh.
Science and Arts Sections 1989
1-I always avoid ............ my car during rush hours.
a) to drive b) drive c) driving
2-You should ............ telephoned me last night. I was fast asleep.
a) not b)have c) not have
3-We can't ignore fashions ............ we think we can.
a) when b) because c) even if
4-Many people find music............
a) interested b)interesting c) being interesting
5-I can't find my dictionary. Someone ............ it.
a) had to borrow b) should have borrowed c) must have borrowed
6- ............ you like some orange juice?
a) Will b) Would c) Could
7-Who's ringing the door bell ? It............ Amal. I asked her to come for tea.
a) must be b) can't be c) can't have been
8-Do you believe ............ magic? - Of course not.
a) of b) about c)in
1- I didn't receive your letter. It (must lose) on the way. (Put the verb in brackets in the passive form)
2-If you had not helped him ............... (Complete)
3-I (finish) my homework by nine o'clock this evening. (Correct the verb)
4-She was very tired. She could not walk.(Join making one sentence)
5-a) Ali came only to see me.
b) Only Ali came to see me. (Explain the difference in meaning between these sentences)
6-He said to her, "You haven't got much time." (Begin with: He told her ...............)
7-Maha likes playing tennis in winter. - (So am I - So do I - So I do). (Choose the correct response)
8- How do we see ourselves ? "See" here means :
a) watch b) think about c) notice
9-He rarely visits Japan. (Ask a question)
10-It's a fine day,...............? (Add a question tag)
Dear Adel,
Thanks ...... (1) ...... your letter. I have ......... (2) ......... thinking of you lately, so it came just......... (3) ......... the right time. You ......... (4)......... be glad to know ......... (5) ......... I am going to study nursing. Nursing is ......... (6) ......... important job. I think it is the ......... (7) ......... important of all. A nurse takes care of patients ......... (8) ......... helps .........(9) ......... I hope to see ......... (10) ......... soon.
Science and Arts Sections 1990
1-They will wait in the club until someone ......... them to go home.
a) will tell b) tells c) has been telling
2-It as ........ of the children to clean the room for their mother.
a) thoughtless b) thought c) thoughtful
3- He insisted ......... finishing the test even though the bell has rung.
a) to b) on c) in
4-The air in some parts of Cairo is highly ...............
a) polluted b) populated c) popular
5-Our school football team lost the final match. I wish we ............it.
a) would win b) have won c) had won
6-The concert was very ..........wasn't it?
a) enjoy able b) enjoyed c) enjoying
7-The school bus broke down, so the pupils ......... walk to school.
a) must b) ought c) had to
8- "Here's your book, Ali." "You left it on my desk." "Thanks. I've ............ it everywhere."
a) searched for b) fetched c) watched
1-The referee cancelled the match because of the heavy rain. (Begin with: The match......)
2-Ali didn't see our old friends because he didn't come to my birthday party. (Begin with: If......)
3- Explain the difference in meaning between these 2 sentences :
a) My friend arrived at the railway station very late.-
b) My friend arrived at the railway station too late.
4-My brother said to me, “I have started reading a* new novel and I'll finish it in two days." (Begin with: My brother told me ......)
5- First he finished his homework. Then he slept. (Join using: After......)
6-Well go home. The bell will ring. (Join beginning with: As soon as ......)
7-He goes to the library twice a week. (Ask a question to which the black typed words are the answer)
8-He promised to visit us next week,.........? (Complete)
9-I lost the book. I bought this book last week. (Join into one sentence)
10-They went shopping. It started to rain. (Rewrite beginning with: No sooner ......)
Parents send their children to school to prepare them for the time when they will have to work for themselves. Children (1) ... their own language so that (2) ... will be able to (3) -.. others clearly what they want and what they know, and understand what (4) ... tell them. They learn foreign (5) ... to be able to benefit from what (6) ... in other countries have written and (7) ... make people from other countries understand (8) ... they mean. They learn geography to know something (9) ... the world around them. Above all, they go to school to learn how to learn so that they can continue to learn when they (10) ... school.
Science and Arts Sections 1991
1- You must taste this delicious dish.
-All right, but give me just............
a) a few b) a little c) less
2-Has Kamal left for London? - No, but he ............ by this time tomorrow.
a) will go b) is going c) will have gone
3-Didn't you receive my letter? - No, if I had known you were coming, I......... for you.
a) wait b) would have waited c) waited
4-Do you like watching TV ? - No, I prefer playing games ......... watching TV.
a) to b)than c)for
5-The weather ......... which we heard on the radio was alarming.
a) foreground b) forecourt c) forecast
6-It isn't easy to make predictions. It's a serious ......... ,
a) matter b) condition c) situation
7-It was ......... of you to drive me to the' airport in the early morning.
a) generous b) grateful c)kind
8-A high ......... of my family income is spent on food these days.
a) part b) percentage c) amount
1-I broke a plate last night. I (do) the washing up when it (slip) out of my hands. (Correct the verbs in brackets).
2-The students had left when the teacher arrived. The students left when the teacher arrived. (Explain the difference in meaning)
3-"Read the instructions before you switch on the machine," he said to the customer. (Rewrite beginning with: He told the customer...)
4- Many people were out of work: The factory had closed down. (Rewrite beginning with "If)
5-He decided to take the job although the salary was low. (Rewrite using "in spite of)
My wife and I have always enjoyed travelling by sea. Last year we decided to go ……….(1)……… a Mediterranean cruise…….. (2)……… our holiday was rather expensive we thought that……… (3)……….. high standard of accommodation, the first class food and the many interesting places………. (4) ………..saw were well worth the price we paid.
Science and Arts Sections 1992
1-Can I have ......... of this cake, please?
a) a little b)a few c)one d) piece
2- They don't tell you what happens at the end of the film. You've to use your.........
a) memory b) illusions c) impressions d) imagination
3-At the factory every Thursday is ......... day, and the men go out to the cafeteria after work.
a) pay b) wages c)cash d) money
4- The mother said to her child, "You can come with me to the shops but you ......... if you don't want to."
a) mustn't b) haven't c) can't d) needn't
5-I met a man yesterday who ......... me strongly of someone I used to know.
a) recalled b) reminded c) remembered d) recollected
6-It was ......... of him to give up his seat on the train for an old lady.
a) clever b) wise C) kind d) intelligent
7-He'll send me a postcard ......... he settles down in Oxford.
a) while b) since c) as soon as d) until
8- "Could you ......... me some short stories to read, please ?" Ahmed said to the teacher.
a) suggest b) advise c)tell d) recommend
9- How do you ......... Cairo now as compared to Cairo fifty years ago?
a) look b)see c) observe d) notice
10-I hope that the meeting will have finished ......... 11:30 am
a) by b) until c) as soon as d)at
11-I had to take the wardrobe to pieces because it was ......... to' go up the staircase.
a) so big b) very big c) too big d) big enough
12-Old people tend to become ......... and can't remember where they've put things.
a) forgotten b) forgetting c) forget d) forgetful
13-The public ............ observe the rules of traffic.
a) has to b) have to c) dare d) shall
14-The new film impressed us; it was an ............ experience.
a) impressed b) impressive c) impressionable d) impressionistic
15-I think you'd better take some traveller's cheques with you ............ you run out of cash.
a) in case b) unless c) otherwise d) if
16-I've a good ......... of a job in the United Arab Emirates.
a) chance b) fortune ; c) luck d) choice
We live in a time of rising unemployment. This... (1) ... the job market very competitive. Many people are now seeking the services of a new type of company to prepare ... (2) ... for a job application. The company helps.... (3) ... a variety of ways. The fee is high but many job seekers ... (4) ... it a worthwhile investment in the competitive race for a job.
1-I wasn't able to buy the books I wanted because I didn't have enough money. (Rewrite beginning with: If............)
2-The play was so successful that all the tickets were sold. (Rewrite beginning with: It was ..........)
3-I really regret ever starting to smoke. (Rewrite beginning with; I wish ............)
4-There's a chance they'll arrest him if he tries to leave the country.
(Rewrite beginning with: He might............)
5-I didn't think the party would be so expensive. (Begin with: The party ............)
1- The plane will......... Aswan by 3 o'clock this afternoon.
a) arrive b)go e) reach d)get
2-We ......... our guests when they came to the party.
a) enjoyed b) amused c) entertained d) celebrated
3- Have they ......... finished painting the new flat?
a) already b) always c) often d) usually
4-I didn't watch T.V. until I......... my homework.
a) do b)did c) have done d) had done
5-I enjoyed the film as I saw many places I've never .........
a) gone b) been to c) been d) arrived
6-I'll have a word with you when you ......... writing the report.
a) finished b) have finished c) had finished d) will have finished
7-Pam afraid ,this can of tuna fish's ......... bad.
a) grown b) fallen c)gone d)got
8-She is ......... charming that everybody likes her.
a) so b) such c) too d) very
9-Postmen have stopped ......... letters to the houses in our area.
a) deliver b) to deliver c) delivery d) delivering
10-Please don't shout at her. You'll only ......... her cry.
a) make b) cause c)give d) bring
11-Oh! that's ......... rice i I don't want to put on any more weight.
a) not enough b) too little c) too much d) little
12-Heba: I'm sorry I've broken your glasses.
Iman: ..............................
a) Never mind b) Thank you c) O.K. d) Don't mention it
13-This is a one-way street. You ......... go that way.
a) mustn't b) needn't - c)Shouldn't d) aren't
14-I can't let you use this perfume. There's only ...... in the bottle.
a) few b) a little c)a few d)a lot
15-I managed to beat him at tennis ...... I thought he was probably a bit better than me.
a) although b). despite c) because d)even
16-It's a smoke-free area and therefore I don't think we're ...... to smoke here.
a) accepted b) allowed c) prevented d) forbidden
17-He didn't want to come with us but I ...... him to come in the end.
a) persuaded b) requested c) appealed d) demanded
18-If only he could swim, he ...... the Military Academy.
a) will join b) joins c) would join d) can join
19-By the year 2010 scientists surely ... new sources of energy.
a) have discovered b) will have discovered
c) are discovering d) will discover
20-I'd like to take this ...... to wish you all the best of luck with your exams.
a) chance b) possibility c) opportunity d) occasion
1-I last saw him when we were in London. (Rewrite the sentence beginning with: I haven't.........)
2- "I'll buy you a cake if you type this letter out for me." (Rewrite beginning with: He promised ………)
3-It'll take us four hours and a half to fly to London. (Use the noun from "fly" and make the necessary changes)
4-I went to a show in Alexandria last Friday. It was marvellous. (Make one sentence beginning with: The show ……......)
5- Without the rescuers' efforts many people would have died. (Begin with: If it............)

TER][/CENTER]
قديم 31-03-2008, 01:06 AM
ahmadwalaa2010 ahmadwalaa2010 غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2008
المشاركات: 13
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
ahmadwalaa2010 is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

السلام عليكم
اريد امتحانت ثانويه عامة من سنة 1980
قديم 05-05-2008, 05:14 AM
adham_592005 adham_592005 غير متواجد حالياً
موقوف

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2007
المشاركات: 212
adham_592005 is an unknown quantity at this point
افتراضي

مشكور على الجهد الرائع
قديم 13-05-2009, 01:25 AM
nancy buterfly nancy buterfly غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Apr 2009
المشاركات: 9
nancy buterfly is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

thanxxxxxxxx

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 05:58 AM.