اهلا وسهلا بك فى بوابة الثانوية العامة ... سجل الان

العودة   بوابة الثانوية العامة المصرية > القسم الإداري > أرشيف المنتدى

أرشيف المنتدى هنا نقل الموضوعات المكررة والروابط التى لا تعمل

مشاهدة نتائج الإستطلاع: Choose: The weather forecast says it (will - is going to) rain tomorrow
a) Will 29 30.53%
b) Going To 62 65.26%
c) Will / Going To :-S 5 5.26%
إستطلاع متعدد الإختيارات. المصوتون: 95. أنت لم تصوت في هذا الإستطلاع

أدوات الموضوع ابحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 21-04-2010, 03:25 PM
الصورة الرمزية hema_maf
hema_maf hema_maf غير متواجد حالياً
طالب جامعى هندسة طنطا

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
العمر: 31
المشاركات: 545
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
hema_maf is on a distinguished road
Icon4 Will VS Going To ,, a fatal question !!! :-S

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السؤال دا من زمان محيرنى جدا , و بعد ما بحثت عنه فى موقع longman , لقيت الإجابة عليه Will و استاذى بيقولى لا الإجابة المفروض تكون Going to

و لكن عند إعادة التأكد من الإجابة لقيت الإجابة اتعدلت , و وضحت أكتر بكتير , فحبيت اعرض عليكم الموضوع دا و استفيد من رأيكم بردو ::-

Choose: The weather forecast says it (will - is going to) rain tomorrow. I think the correct answer is "is going to" because it is prediction based on evidence. The weather forecast doesn't give personal opinions. Do you agree?

First, let me say that grammar about different forms of the future is very complex and often more than one form can be used in a sentence, sometimes depending on what the speaker intends to emphasize. So while we teach students to follow certain rules, you might hear native speakers use different forms.
Instead of using the word “evidence” in these rules, use Michael Swan’s term, “present reality.” “If we say that something in the future is going to happen, it is usually already planned or decided, or it is starting to happen, or we can see it coming now.” (Swan, page 188)

“We prefer will for predictions when there is not such obvious outside evidence — when we are talking more about what is inside our heads: what we know, or believe, or have calculated.” (Swan, p 191)

Weather forecasts are based on data that is gathered and analyzed, not on “present realities.” The weather forecast itself is more likely to use will -- or a mix of going to and will -- but the sentence in question here is not the weather forecast itself but a repetition of what the forecast says. When I am reading the forecast, I might take that as "evidence" and use going to.

In the case of talking about the weather, both will and going to are often possible, and we should learn to accept that on tests. However, there are other cases where the difference bewteen the two forms is clearer.

Let’s look at a few other examples to clarify what Swan means by “present reality” or “evidence.”

Don’t lend your car to Ahmed. He’ll crash it. (a prediction based on my knowledge of his driving habits.)
Look out! We’re going to crash! (present reality: we are seconds away from hitting something)

Some day my daughter will marry and have a baby. (a prediction based on my knowledge of what people usually do)
My daughter is going to get married. (present reality: she’s engaged)
My daughter is marrying next week. (arrangements have been made)
My daughter is going to have a baby. (present reality: she’s pregnant)
My daughter and her husband both have blue eyes, so their baby will have blue eyes. (prediction based on my knowledge of genetics)
(Michael Swan. Practical English Usage, 3rd ed. Oxford, 2005.)

و نفس السؤال اتكرر و الإجابة كانت اوضح :

The weather forecast says it (will - is going to) rain. I think the best answer is "is going to" because their prediction is based on evidence. However, I frequently find "will" used in this sentence. What do you think?

!

The grammar of the future forms is one of the most complex areas of grammar. Linguists find it difficult to define the uses of the various forms, and often more than one is possible. This is especially true of the choice between will and going to.
If you have read the forecast, you can take that as evidence and say that it is going to rain. Others may choose will because they don't see any "present reality" such as dark clouds in the sky -- or simply because in this case the two forms are both used.
Forecasters themselves base their predictions on calculations. They sometimes use will, sometimes going to. They might say, for example, "It's going to be a rainy day tomorrow. Temperatures will be in the low 20s and there will be showers throughout the day." In a forecast, will is shorter and a bit more formal than going to, so those may also be reasons why it is used.
There are other cases when one form of the future is almost always used instead of others, but talking about the weather is more problematic unless we accept that there can be more than one correct answer.

ايه رأى حضراتكم ؟؟

آخر تعديل بواسطة hema_maf ، 21-04-2010 الساعة 06:12 PM
قديم 21-04-2010, 09:15 PM
الصورة الرمزية hema_maf
طالب جامعى هندسة طنطا

افتراضي

ارجو المناقشة أو المشاركة فى التصوريت على الأقل !!
قديم 22-04-2010, 09:49 AM
yaramoha yaramoha غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Apr 2010
المشاركات: 8
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
yaramoha is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

i think the correct answer is ---is going to as it based on evdience
قديم 23-04-2010, 02:21 PM
SA3EEDY SA3EEDY غير متواجد حالياً
عضو خبير

تاريخ التسجيل: Jan 2010
المشاركات: 627
معدل تقييم المستوى: 15
SA3EEDY is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks
u r right
قديم 23-04-2010, 03:04 PM
omar30 omar30 غير متواجد حالياً
عضو ممتاز

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2010
المشاركات: 328
معدل تقييم المستوى: 15
omar30 is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

نفس الكلام حصل معايا والاجابات كانت مختلفة لكن انا كنت مصمم علي (لو الكلام علي حالة الجو ـأو علي درجات الحرارة تبقي الاجابة going toحتي لو الجملة مافيهاش دليل
قديم 24-04-2010, 12:39 AM
الصورة الرمزية hema_maf
طالب جامعى هندسة طنطا

Icon1

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة omar30 مشاهدة المشاركة
حتي لو الجملة مافيهاش دليل

لا , اختلف معاك فى دى ,,
لو واحد عادى بيتوقع الجو تانى يوم بدون دليل يبقى هتاخد Will
لكن لو خبير ارصاد تبقى بالإجماع Going To

قديم 20-11-2011, 01:02 AM
YOUNIS TAHA YOUNIS TAHA غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Oct 2010
المشاركات: 11
YOUNIS TAHA is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

من موقع لونجمان بشأن الإجابة على نفس السؤال

(c) Weather forecasts are based on data that is gathered and analyzed. That may constitute a form of "present reality" or "evidence". In the reports themselves, however, the form will is often used because it is more formal and less cumbersome than saying going to repeatedly. Frequently weather reporters will begin with going to and then continue with will.

(42) It's going to be a beautiful day tomorrow. It will be sunny and breezy all day. The high will be 32 and the low at night will be 22.

But when we talk about tomorrow's weather based on what it is now, not on a published forecast based on data, the "present reality" is not so clear. The fact that the weather has been bad for three days does not necessarily mean that it will continue to be bad. Weather can change quickly. Either future form can be used. See also section 1f above.

(43) It's been rainy for three days. It probably will be the same tomorrow.
(44) It's been rainy for three days. It's probably going to be the same tomorrow.

In contrast to the above, where either form can be used, there are two examples in the Sec 2 textbook, page 22, where one form is the better choice.

The first is someone reading a brochure about England.

(45) I think the weather in England will be cold and rainy.

She is not reading a weather forecast about the very near future (the next day or two), but a brochure about travel facts. Based on her reading, she predicts what the weather will be when they travel. Will is the better choice here.

In the other example on that page, someone is looking at the sky and sees that it is clear.

(46) It's going to be another very sunny day.

She is basing her statement about today based on the present reality of a clear sky. Going to is the better choice here.

The present continuous is not used for predictions, so it is not used to talk about future weather conditions.

(47) *It's raining tomorrow.

Conclusion

Once again, teachers and test writers must be aware that the future forms are very complex in English and that often more than one form can be used in a given sentence. The choice of form might depend on what the speaker intends to emphasize. While there are some situations in which one form or the other is clearly correct, there are many other situtions in which more than one form can be used.

ed 19/05/11

References:

L. G. Alexander. Longman English Grammar. London: Longman, 1988.

Raymond Murphy. English Grammar in Use. Cambridge: Cambridge Unversity Press, 1985.

Michael Swan. Practical English Usage, 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005.
قديم 02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
ياسر اشرف ياسر اشرف غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Oct 2009
المشاركات: 8
ياسر اشرف is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

يا جماعة الاجابة ان شاء الله Going To
قديم 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
darkfox133 darkfox133 غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
المشاركات: 18
darkfox133 is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

I think the answer is going to as prediction is based on evidence and really talking about the future causes alot of confusion to students but we try to facilitate it to students by telling the matter of the evidence.Also using will for prediction and arrangement confuses them too.Matters are much easir for native speakers as they learn them since being toddlers.It is something that implanted into their souls.to tell the difference between different future forms , I introduce the following sentences to students and let them think of the difference
1-I will fly to London next week
2-Iam going to Fly to London next week
3-Iam flying to London next week
4-I fly to london next week at 7.00
This is something that can help them to tell the difference.However , it is confusing.
قديم 24-02-2012, 05:18 AM
الصورة الرمزية ShahiNda A7Med
ShahiNda A7Med ShahiNda A7Med غير متواجد حالياً
عضو نشيط

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2011
المشاركات: 177
معدل تقييم المستوى: 14
ShahiNda A7Med is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Choose: The weather forecast says it (will - is going to) rain tomorrow

اللهم صل وسلم على سيدنا محمد

اللهم حقق مرادي واهدي بالي

قديم 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM
mool_hassan mool_hassan غير متواجد حالياً
عضو فعال

تاريخ التسجيل: Jan 2011
المشاركات: 353
معدل تقييم المستوى: 14
mool_hassan is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Choose: The weather forecast says it (will - is going to) rain tomorrow
قديم 30-05-2012, 01:15 AM
على عسل على عسل غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

المشاركات: 28
على عسل is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Both of them are correct
قديم 31-05-2012, 12:14 AM
nadaaaa nadaaaa غير متواجد حالياً
عضو مجتهد

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 56
nadaaaa is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

the correct answer is "is going to " it's commen and known

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 04:00 PM.