QdO0Bh803pmj QdO0Bh803pmj غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Aug 2014
العمر: 43
المشاركات: 1
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
QdO0Bh803pmj is on a distinguished road
افتراضي McFaul herself sent Flat Stanley figures to President Clinton

"The children colored their Flat Stanley patterns at school and then took them home," she said. "We left it up to them to decide who to send (the paper dolls) to." McFaul herself sent Flat Stanley figures to President Clinton, Mayor Rendell, all the Philadelphia sports teams, the fire and police departments, the township library and district administrators. McFaul said the children sent letters along with Flat Stanley explaining what happened to him. The letters request that Flat Stanley be shown a good time and ask that his picture be taken at a local landmark or that he be sent back with a souvenir. Nearly 40 Flat Stanleys have been mailed. So far, about half a dozen have returned and McFaul is charting their travels on a map with the photographs and other souvenirs they bring back. "We check the mailbox every day waiting to hear about Flat Stanley's adventures," McFaul said. Flat Stanley has visited Eagles Calvin Williams, Bubby Brister and Herschel Walker down at the Vet and at WPVI television studios in Bala Cynwyd; Cape May, and Boston. He has even been incarcerated in the Haverford Township Police Department. This week, Officer William Hollingsworth of the Haverford Township Police Department personally returned Flat Stanley to the kindergartners with pictures of his visit. "We had him locked up behind bars, but Stanley was able to slip through," Hollingsworth said. "We couldn't fingerprint him." Hollingsworth showed pictures of Flat Stanley in jail, learning how to use 911 and sliding through a car window opening to retrieve keys from a locked squad car. "I'd like to be able to slide under doors," said Doug Cattie, a kindergartner who drew a Phillies shirt on his Flat Stanley. "And I'd like to get mailed to Disney World or go to the World Series." Classmate Andrew Whitehill said he'd like to go to Hawaii because he'd never been there and to Orlando, Fla., to see Mickey Mouse. He said he mailed his Flat Stanley to his grandmother in Delaware. Kindergartner Kevin Haindl said he wouldn't have been upset if he were a flat child because he could have traveled by mail to Jamaica or the Bahamas. In the book, Flat Stanley's adventures come to an end when his brother uses a bicycle pump to inflate his body. "It was nice he had a brother to pump him up," Kevin said. "I don't think my brother would have helped me." They were living with their mother, who let Tyler suspend child-support payments so he could spend his days with Faith at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. "I was there day and night with her," Tyler, 36, said

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 09:28 PM.