اهلا وسهلا بك فى بوابة الثانوية العامة ... سجل الان

العودة   بوابة الثانوية العامة المصرية > المنتدى التخصصى للمعلمين > المنتدى االأكاديمى للمعلمين > حجرة معلمى اللغات

حجرة معلمى اللغات الانجليزية - الفرنسية - الألمانية - الايطالية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
الصورة الرمزية مستر/ عصام الجاويش
مستر/ عصام الجاويش مستر/ عصام الجاويش غير متواجد حالياً
مدرس اللغة الانجليزية للمرحلة الثانوية

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2008
المشاركات: 5,959
معدل تقييم المستوى: 21
مستر/ عصام الجاويش is on a distinguished road
New The whole thing must go in English here

Practice makes perfect, doesn't it? Yes, it does. We have a golden chance to practise speaking and writing together in our wonderful forum .This page is allotted for free discussion , but the whole thing must go in English. Who will take the lead??

آخر تعديل بواسطة مستر/ عصام الجاويش ، 25-09-2014 الساعة 11:34 PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 01:03 PM
الصورة الرمزية Essam Wahba
Essam Wahba Essam Wahba غير متواجد حالياً
مستشار اللغة الانجليزية بالمنتدى

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 1,057
معدل تقييم المستوى: 18
Essam Wahba will become famous soon enough
Icon114 Good idea

First of all, I'd like to thank Mr. Essam for this great suggestion. This forum is the right place for free discussion among teachers . I think this post should be sticky so that it won't be displaced by more recently posted items. Thank you again, Mr. Essam

Despite the importance of teaching English in our schools, the reality of English teaching in Egypt is incredibly shocking. It is true that the new English syllabuses are somewhat good. But a serious problem remains. In my humble opinion, all attempts and efforts made to raise the standard of English teaching in Egypt will meet with failure until we raise the standards of our teachers of English. How can we ask a teacher to develop in his students the ability to use the language communicatively and creatively when he or she is unable to form even one correct sentence? This is the awful truth, however much we try to ignore it by burying our heads in the sand just like ostriches.

Am I exaggerating? Unfortunately not. Even when we do have good teachers, they are often faced with difficulties and obstacles such as crowded classes and lack of facilities, which finally bring about complete failure. Moreover, the purpose of teaching a foreign language is, in most cases, to prepare students for the final exam, hence attention is only given to the written aspects of the language. Speaking, listening and pronunciation are regrettably ignored. Gentlemen, the painful fact is that we are now teaching English the same way we teach biology or history. The expected outcome will be deplorable

آخر تعديل بواسطة Essam Wahba ، 10-07-2009 الساعة 01:17 PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Present

I see eye to eye with , Mr. Essam Wahba. The fact that our students are exam-oriented makes us confess that we don't teach students English in the real sense of the word, but we do teach them how to get the full mark in the English exam. Most students as well as a considerable number of teachers are tongue-tied. They can't speak English fluently. It is true to fact that if the teacher is not well-equipped , his clients - I mean his students - are unlikely to be good at the subject he or she teaches. Every cask smells of the wine it contains.

آخر تعديل بواسطة مستر/ عصام الجاويش ، 10-07-2009 الساعة 02:04 PM
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
mr. Hamdy mr. Hamdy غير متواجد حالياً
مدرس

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2009
المشاركات: 270
معدل تقييم المستوى: 16
mr. Hamdy is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

First, i would like to thank mr. Essam for this great idea that will make wonderful results for us as teachers of English
Then, i agree with you in your opinion in this bad case in teching of English
in fact, the government must know well that the the teacher is the corner stone of the society , so it must take care of him well and review in his all affairs
most of english teachers and the others of the others subjects spend their time explaining the subject to students all day and night
but
where is their break ? where is their reading time ?
where are many things ?
if the givernment gave him his rights and saved him good acadimies to develop his subject , the students would profit from his science .

Oh Allah , i have many words in this field of talk
but i'm really happy for this idea
again and again
thanks a lot mr. Essam
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
El Sayed Siam El Sayed Siam غير متواجد حالياً
الموجه العام للغة الإنجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Aug 2008
المشاركات: 1,395
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
El Sayed Siam is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

First, Thanks a lot Mr. Essam Gawish and Mr. Essam Wahba for what you did and do.
Second, I would like to say that the problem of teaching English is great and big, but it is not impossible.
It is not the government's responsibility only, but it's ours also as teachers!!! Why??
Because everyone's task is to get money by any means. He has no time to develop himself (I mean the majority). He has no time to read, to know what's new in the language or how to pronounce any new or old vocabulary!!!!
Try to listen to the pronunciation of the majority, it's completely wrong.
Especially these two letters together (th).
Does this teacher who wrongly speaks or pronounces try to look up the dictionary? Or he doesn't know the voiced or voiceless?
Is it the government here?
I don't ignore the role of the ministry but what the teachers do for themselves like we do here in our forum?
My basic question( How many teachers log on the internet and visit Mr. Essam Wahba"s sites as example?
When I ask anyone to do that, he says (I have no time)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, here is the problem my colleagues.
قديم 10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
mr. Hamdy mr. Hamdy غير متواجد حالياً
مدرس

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2009
المشاركات: 270
mr. Hamdy is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

i respect you and your ideas and words mr El Sayed
really, i love you in Allah
and i want to tell you that i agree totally with you my brother in all what you said
human must develop himself by himself
you reminded me of a word
it says that if I want someone to be a true friend to me, I should first be a true friend to him .
you are right mr. El Sayed
happy to read your woeds
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
H0riz0n H0riz0n غير متواجد حالياً
مــٌــعلــم

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
المشاركات: 422
H0riz0n is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

I would like to thank Mr Essam
This is a good way for us to practise English and to develop better English acquisition.

Besides using English in our forum, there is also anther chance - most of us ignore or neglect. It is using English in classes.

I think fluency needs real situations in which English language is practised in a natural way.
In English Classes, sticking to English during the process of teaching (by both teacher and students) is a good chance for both to develop good speaking skills. This will lead - after sometime - to a degree of fluency.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
الصورة الرمزية mr.ahmedabdelwahed
mr.ahmedabdelwahed mr.ahmedabdelwahed غير متواجد حالياً
مــٌــعلــم

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2008
المشاركات: 1,237
mr.ahmedabdelwahed is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

All praise is for Allah for being in such a great forum . I think it is like a fruitful tree that gives its fruits to all, its climbers and waiters. In this sense I threw my all ears at you praying humbly to Allah to get one of its fruits. Hence, I send all my regards to you all appreciating
Mr.Essam s great idea
قديم 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
El Sayed Siam El Sayed Siam غير متواجد حالياً
الموجه العام للغة الإنجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Aug 2008
المشاركات: 1,395
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
El Sayed Siam is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Thank you Mr. Hamdy . So do I
قديم 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
abomotaz abomotaz غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
المشاركات: 36
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
abomotaz is on a distinguished road
Icon111

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة H0riz0n مشاهدة المشاركة
I would like to thank Mr Essam

This is a good way for us to practise English and to develop better English acquisition.

Besides using English in our forum, there is also anther chance - most of us ignore or neglect. It is using English in classes.

I think fluency needs real situations in which English language is practised in a natural way.
In English Classes, sticking to English during the process of teaching (by both teacher and students) is a good chance for both to develop good speaking skills. This will lead - after sometime - to a degree of fluency.
Dear colleagues
I want someone of you to tell me "where can we teach English? Is it at schools where students go there only for meeting their friends or at home where you spoil the language by teaching students only vocabulary and grammar ? "I think it is a big problem but I''m sure that our Ministry of Education is able to solve it if they want . They have a great number of experts who are able to solve any problem of education on one condition , we give them the full chance to do that . thank you. / Mr. Abo Motaz .
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Mr. Ahmad Refat Mr. Ahmad Refat غير متواجد حالياً
معلم لغة انجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Sep 2008
المشاركات: 586
Mr. Ahmad Refat is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

Thank you Mr.Essam for your wonderful idea which will benefit all of us as teachers of English and I hope in this page we discuss some topics which can raise our standard of English and let us use our English which almost we are going to forget through the way we use it at schools .
قديم 10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
الصورة الرمزية Rahalah
Rahalah Rahalah غير متواجد حالياً
عضو نشيط

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2009
المشاركات: 153
Rahalah is on a distinguished road
Icon114 Nothing is better than that .

My dear friends ,

Al Salamo Alaikom Wa Rahmat Allah Wa barakatoh .

We all agree that we are none native speakers of English, however, we're not far from learning and speaking it natively . Learning the language doesn't stop at borders , I mean if you think you can't learn or speak the language natively because you are not from England or America then you will not learn it . Who has seen the German Ambassador in Cairo talking in Arabic on TV about the pharmacist Marrwa El Sherbeeny ? He spoke the languagelike an Arab. So if we really want to master the English language we need to love it , spend some time with it , we all spend times with the loved ones, why not with English .

By means of retrieving the English we have stored in our memories, what we all gathered through out all our lives by giving and taking , discussing agreeing or disagreeing in some cases .

One more thing , people abroad think that the Egyptians speak very good English. Is this true ? !

Finally we all need to work on our English . Take for example the suffix –ing /-/ we put with the verbs how do we pronounce it ? and how do native speakers pronounce it ? .

Good luck for all of you .
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
الصورة الرمزية مستر وليد السيد
مستر وليد السيد مستر وليد السيد غير متواجد حالياً
معلم

تاريخ التسجيل: Oct 2007
المشاركات: 1,329
مستر وليد السيد is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

of course, It's a great idea Mr Essam.But still we need to develop the language in the right way .All we can do together now is communicating with each other in writing ?????????? Isn't there speaking ??? Isn't there listening???????

قديم 10-07-2009, 06:41 PM

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة مستر وليد السيد مشاهدة المشاركة
of course, It's a great idea Mr Essam.But still we need to develop the language in the right way .All we can do together now is communicating with each other in writing ?????????? Isn't there speaking ??? Isn't there listening???????
Thank you, Mr Walid for everything. Practising writing is better than practising nothing. Let's start with this important skill . I'm sure we will be able to practise speaking soon if we make use of the rooms alotted for presenting interactive learning for our students
قديم 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
islam_forever islam_forever غير متواجد حالياً
مدرس اللغة الانجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2009
المشاركات: 104
islam_forever is on a distinguished road
افتراضي Read me Please

Dear colleagues, I totally agree with you all
but what is more important than practising writing skills or structure is that how to speak correctly.
What all of us lack is practising the real English environment.
So I suggest improving and upgrading our dignified web site I mean البوابة to be able to chat with one another
I think that in this way we can perfect our language.
Thanks a lot and may Allah help us all
Yussif Abd el-Atti
Alexandria
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 05:06 PM.