معلم اللغة الإنجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Feb 2006
المشاركات: 1,089
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
مستر طارق فؤاد has a little shameless behaviour in the past
افتراضي

مائة و خمسة جملة من الكتاب المدرسي
Choose the correct answer:

1- Materials such (for / as / with /or) glass can be recycled.
2- Coal, fuel and natural gas are all (renewable/fossil/nuclear/energy) fuels.
3- Nadia is (mono syllabic/ literate/ bilingual. irregular). She speaks Arabic and English.
4- Hydroelectric power stations (renew/ generate/ recycle/ use) electricity.
5- My plane (arrived/ has arrived/ was arriving/ arrives) at ten tomorrow morning.
6- He doesn’t look happy (because/ although/despite/unless)I am sure he passed the exam.
7- He refused (answering/for answering/ to answer/answer) any question.
8- The new company is looking for (illiterate/ lazy/careless/skilled) workers.
9- Self employed people enjoy (to have/ to be having/ having/have) the freedom to work when they like.
10- Being your own (colleague/worker/servant/boss) can have advantages and disadvantages.
11- His business (exploded/ excited/ expanded/ extracted) and he had to hire new workers.
12- Every leaf plays a part (in making/ to make/ of making/ with making) food for the plant.
13- The statue (has carved/ was carved/ has been carved/will be carved) out of stone by the ancient Egyptians.
14- The village was (subjected/ submerged/ supposed/supported) when the river flooded.
15- The advantages are outweighed (by/from/with/for) the disadvantages.
16- In AD 106 Petra was (arrested/ captured/ accused/ caught) by the Romans.
17- I (spent/ wasted/ lost/gave) my money on this radio. It broke down after one day.
18- Plants use energy from the sun (making/ made/ to make/ has made) their food.
19- My grandmother couldn’t read. She is (illogical/ illegal/ illegible/ illiterate).
20- Who is responsible (for/ to/ with/of) this broken chair?
21- Azza passed her exam (although/because of/but/ despite)being ill.
22- Naguib Mahfouz (awarded/ was awarded/will award/has awarded) the Nobel Prize for Literature.
23- A (sunny/solar/lunar/partial) eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the Earth and the Sun.
24- Astronomers can (provide/ predict/ prevent/ pretend) when eclipses will occur.
25- If Mounir loses his job, he (will/would/had to/ have to) look for job in the city.
26- The country is suffering a (draught/ doubt/ drift/ drought) there has been no rain for six months.
27- Carbon dioxide is a (partial/ precious/poisonous/ polluted ) gas.
28- Arriving early for the interview will wok (in/ up out/ against) your favour.
29- She’s finished a course (through/ with/ in/ at) music.
30- Last year we visited Egypt and admired the ancient (moments/ monuments/ monsters) .
31- The tough outer layer of a tree is called the (trunk/branch/skin/ bark).
32- The (beginning / start / source/ spring) of The River Nile is in Uganda.
33- We can (recycle/redo/repair/restart) glass and paper.
34- I (lent/ loaned/bought/ borrowed) some money to start my own business.
35- If you use my pen remember (giving/ to give/ given/ give) it back.
36- We persuaded him (let/ letting/ in letting/ to let) us go to the party.
37- You (supposed/ ought/ should/ obliged) take this medicine everyday.
38- This map shows the exact (place/ point/ location/ region) of the bus station.
39- This airline flies to many (goals/destination/ aims/ positions) around the world.
40- I tried to phone him (although/ despite /but/ because) there was no answer.
41- The belief that black cats are unlucky is (supposition/ superstition/ myth/ legend).
42- If I (were/am/ had/ will be) rich , I would buy a big car.
43- The meeting was (put out/ put away/ put off/ pit in) because the boss was ill.
44- I wouldn’t say it unless it (is/ does/did/were) true.
45- He used a (telescope/ television/ telegram/ telephone) to look at the star.
46- I was surprised (learn/ learning/ learned/ to learn) that he won the prize.
47- My family (took after/ took in/ took out/ took up) a chain of hope child for two weeks.
48- Bob Geldof (set up/ set off/ set out/ set in) a charity to help the needy.
49- (Look out/ Look over/ Look after/ Look into) yourself, and don’t forget to write!
50- Some folk music is (passed by/ passed up/ passed down/ passed off) from teacher to pupil.
51- When Mother Teresa became ill, she handed (out/ in/ down/ over) most of her duties.
52- Scientists hope thy can knock a dangerous asteroid off course by setting (off/ down/ out/ in) an explosion near it.

odds and ends – back to front – back to back – by and large – give and take – give or take – now and again – wait and see
53- Mum. I’m hungry. - …………….
54- Hesham is wearing his sweater ………….. the back is lower than the front.
55- Their business partnership was a great success because there was …………..on both sides
56- I don’t watch TV. I go to the cinema …………..
57- You may find a paper clip in that box. It’s where I keep my …..
58- ……..……….., children learn languages faster than adults.
59- I’ve had a busy day, I went to two lectures ……………….
60- There were thirty people at the meeting ………… a few.

61- He won the medal by jumping (highest/higher/height/ height) than anyone.
62- In 1969 Neil Armstrong (was taken/has taken/took) his first steps on the moon.
63- Astronauts wear special clothes which (protest / prevent / protect / produce) them from extreme temperature.
64- There is no oxygen in space, so you (must/wouldn’t/can/ can’t) breathe normally.
65- The young musician (attempted/ tried/ practiced /slept ) hard before the concert.
66- Do you enjoy (listening/ listen/ to listen/ listened) to music?
67- She took the doctor’s (description/ prescription/ drawing/ plan) to the chemist’s.
68- This famous surgeon has (produced/composed/ performed/ prescribed ) many operations.
69- This festival commemorates an incident which (has happened / happened /was happened /was happening ) in 1875.
70- The hotel wanted (hiring/ hired/ hire/ to hire/) a new receptionist.
71- They tried to find anew employee (for/ to/ by/ with) advertising in the paper.
72- She was very good at her job and got (promotion/ production/ protection/ provision) quickly.
73- When he left school, he (applied/ connected/ contracted/ requested) to join the army.
74- I hope you will stay in (feeling/touch/write/concert) after you go back to your country.
75- Students who came to this university must expect (work/ working/ worked/ to work) hard.
76- She is very (ambiguous /ambitious/amphibious/ lazy) she wants to run the company one day.
77- (Architects/ Archivists/ Archaeologists/ Advertisers) have found the ancient city of UR.
78- Musicians (breathe/ sigh/ cough/ blow) into woodwind and brass instruments.
79- He stopped (write/ to write/ writing/ written) and put down his pen.
80- He is learning (to play/ play/ playing/ played) the piano.
81- The people held a (demonstration / disagreement/ discussion/ gallery) against spoiling the environment.
82- The soldiers were praised for their (freedom/ patriotism/ superstition/ supervisors ).
83- We congratulated her (for / at / on / by) her success.
84- He was arrested (with/ of/ to/ for) starting fire.
85- She spent many years fighting for women’s (rights/ opinions/ votes/ protests)
86- His coat was made of a (synthetic/ sinister/ solar/ satellite) material.
87- It (could / should / can/ must)be wonderful to see the Earth from space.
88- Wood is used (to/ for/ with/ from) making paper.
89- There is an exhibition of (fireworks/sculptures/ monuments/ celebration ) at the new art gallery.
90- It is not good to owe money. You should always repay your (grants/ gifts/ debts/ benefits).
91- In future most of our work (will be doing/ has been done/ will do / will be done)by machines.
92- Egypt has mad a great contribution (for/ to/ in / of) world peace.
93- Telephone, radio and television are all forms (for/ to/ in/ of) communication.
94- I’m afraid Mr. Smith isn’t here. Can I take a (massage/ missive/ message/ missile )?
95- My father has worked for many years and now he is looking forward to (retiring/ recycling/ retreating/ repeating).
96- He’s (self-assured/ selfish/ self-employed/ self-possessed). He has a small company making furniture.
97- She was blamed (for/ to / with/ of) the mess.
98- Oraby lived in (exit/ exile/ exhaustion/expert ) in another country.
99- I expect he (would/ should/ will/ must) pass his exam easily.
100- I was shocked (hearing/ to hear/ hear/ to be heard) that he had died.
101- He suggested (to go / going/ gone/ go) to the park
102- By and (big/ large/ huge/ vast), I agree with what you are saying.
103- She agreed (to apologize/ apologizing/ to have apologized/ apologize) to the teacher.
104- After the (equality/ freedom/ independence/ revolution), the country had an new government.
105- The demonstrators were (protesting/ preventing/ producing/ providing) against unfair law.

آخر تعديل بواسطة مستر طارق فؤاد ، 16-03-2008 الساعة 09:13 PM

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 01:37 AM.