قديم 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
mynomyno mynomyno غير متواجد حالياً
عضو جديد

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2009
المشاركات: 28
معدل تقييم المستوى: 0
mynomyno is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

To whom were the two letters Darney wrote?
Darney wrote two letters: one was to Lucie, explaining the strong sense of duty he had to go to Paris and showing her the reson why he felt confident he would not be in any danger there: the second to the doctor, entrusting Lucie and their dear child to his care and repeating the same things in the strongest terms. To both he wrote that he would send letters to prove he was safe immediately after his arrival.
“ I must still suggest to you …”
“ changeable weather. A long journey, uncertain means of travelling, a disorganised county, a city that may not even be safe for you”
Darney said these words to Mr Lorry. Darney is trying here to persuade Mr Lorry of not travelling to Paris especially after the revolution, there he will not be safe.
“ My dear Charles”
“ you touched some of the reasons for my going, not for my staying away. It is safe enough for me. Nobody will be inspired in an old fellow of nearly eighty years of age when there are so many people there much better worth stopping. As for it being a disorganised city, if it were not a disorganised city there would be no occasion to send someone from our company here to our company there, who knows the city and business of old, and enjoys Tellson’s confidence. As for the uncertain travelling, the long journey and the weather, if I were not prepared to put up with a few difficulties for Tellson’s sake, after all these years, who ought to be?”
Mr Lorry said these words to Darney. Here Mr Lorry is replying to Darney’s reasons of not going to Paris. Mr Lorry has reasons to prove that he is the right person to travel to paris. As he is an old man, nobody will be interested in an old fellow like him. He thoght that he is the right person to represent Tellson’s bank in a disorganised city especially after the revoulution. He can bear few difficulties for Tellson’s sake.
“ I wish I were going myself”
Charles Darney said these words to Mr Lorry. Darney is wishing to go to Paris as it is his homeland.
رد مع اقتباس