الصورة الرمزية Huda Mohammed 2010
Huda Mohammed 2010 Huda Mohammed 2010 غير متواجد حالياً
معلمة لغة انجليزية

تاريخ التسجيل: Dec 2008
المشاركات: 2,399
معدل تقييم المستوى: 18
Huda Mohammed 2010 is on a distinguished road
افتراضي A Tale of two cities ---Chapter 5

1)"The corner echoed and re-echoed with the tread of feet, some as it seemed in the room, some coming, some going and not one within sight."
*What did Charles Dickens mean by “echoing footsteps”?
Early in the novel, the “echoing footsteps” is introduced at the corner of Soho to link the quiet, happy life there with the mad dangerous footsteps in Paris. This is Dickens’s habit of preparing the reader for what is to follow. These footsteps will not surround only the Manettes but also all the persons present at the tea time (Darnay – Carton – Miss Pross – Mr. Lorry). All these persons will be dropping to Paris one by one for different aims starting with Mr. Lorry and ending with Carton.
2)Speak about Write short notes about Miss Pross.
She was an English woman who had been caring for Lucie since she was a child. She treated Lucie like a daughter, and was willing to give her life for Lucie. She was an unselfish woman who was ready to make herself a slave عبده to her. She was from those women who were happy to be servants for beauty which they had never had, and to bright hopes that they had never shone upon their dark lives Mr. Lorry respected her much more than any other rich woman.
Quotations with model answers on chapter 5
1)"I don't want dozens of people who are not at all worthy of ladybird to come here looking for her."
Miss Pross said these words to Mr. Lorry when she was telling him about her worries about Lucie. Miss Pross was complaining about …………………………………………… .
2)"To the best of my understanding he is afraid of the whole subject”.
These words were said by Miss Pross to Mr. Lorry when the latter asked her if she had ever heard the doctor mention anything about his prison days to Luice Manette. She answered him saying that the doctor was afraid to talk about the whole subject or he would lose his mind once again.
3)"I have imagined them to be the footsteps of the people who are to come into my life, and my father's"
Lucie said these words to Darney when he asked her about the echoing footsteps. These footsteps refer to the footsteps of the angry people after the breaking out of the revolution. These footsteps would interfere in the Manettes' lives……….